Forms and templates
Notification: The page is not up to date any more. The new master´s thesis pages for CSE can be found in Canvas: LINK TO PAGE IN CANVAS.
Submission of Master’s Thesis proposals:
- Will be organized via the new pages in Canvas, links will appear during November. You will submit 3 documents: Your proposal, the filled-in registration form and your ladok transcipt that shows which courses you passed and how many points you have accumulated.
- For any other matters concerning autumn 2018, you find email addresses here: contact.
- Registration form, Chalmers students (If you have trouble downloading this form, please contact the master´s thesis support Birgit Grohe.)
- Registration form, University of Gothenburg students (new course codes at GU autumn 2018)
Templates for thesis proposals:
- Proposal template: latex pdf
- Proposal template: word pdf
- Software Engineering program students should use special templates: Software_Engineering_template_word (Template_dropbox) View as pdf.
Master’s thesis Work Card:
Your activities during the thesis work are documented on the master’s thesis work card. Print the work card and bring it to the presentations and other activities where it is to be signed. Keep the work card in a safe place.
- For students that start their thesis in spring 2017 or later: use this work card.
It is a good idea to scan/photograf the work card from time to time to be sure to not loose any information or already given signatures. Without the signatures from the work card, the final approval of your thesis is not possible. We are working on an electronic version of the work card, but legal requirements about signatures and examination are not yet sorted out. Once all items on the work card are done, the form records of grading is used to report your grade.
- Students that started their projects earlier than spring 2017 used a different work card together with a form called Records of grading. Contact the support if you need access to this form.
Thesis cover page and thesis template:
- You may use the following latex template available in sharelatex for your final report.
- About the cover page, see the information at the Student Portal
- Use the common Chalmers/GU template ("Word-template Chalmers/GU with/without image")
- The page also has information about the title page, the imprint page, and the abstract page
- Be sure to replace all occurrences of "Chalmers University of Technology" by "Chalmers University of Technology and University of Gothenburg"
Agreements on electronic publishing in CPL or GUPEA:
- Agreement for Chalmers Publication Library (CPL)
- Agreement for Gothenburg University Publications Electronic Archive (GUPEA)
Request a work place:
- Requesting a work place When you filled in the form and got the signature from your examiner, you can leave the form outside room 6483 (office of the the master´s thesis support, who will assign a workplace or place you in the queue). At the moment, 18/1-2018, there is already a queue, the earliest date where a desk will be free is by the end of March 2018.