Cyber-security of Industrial IoT
The proliferation of Internet of Things (IoT) enabled rapid enhancements for the applications not only in-home and environment scenarios, but also in factory automation. Now, the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) offers all the advantages of IoT to the industrial scenarios, applications ranging from remote sensing and actuating to de-centralization and autonomy.
The research will cover the cyber-security related needs of IIoT users and the services that might address these needs. First, user privacy, data ownership, proprietary information handling related to IIoT networks will be investigated. Then, the intrusion prevention, detection, and mitigation parts would conclude the research along with algorithms developed to relieve some related problems.
Goals: The goals of this project are:
- To perform learning activities on IIoT networks.
- Excelling on low-end device programming so that network functionalities can be run on IIoT devices.
- Investigating the security issues associated with the IIoT network.
- Providing a detailed cyber-security analysis (such as providing a list of attacks and their countermeasures) for IIoT networks.
- Devising algorithm(s) to cope with discovered cyber-security problems of IIoT networks.
Background & Requirements:
- Computer Science or related programs
- Courses in computer security (EDA263) and computer networks (EDA387)
- Embedded systems programming
- TCP/IP packet knowledge
Contact: Ismail Butun, firstname.lastname@example.org